- Remove stock handlebars from on top of yoke and replace with clip-ons mounted to forks, retaining the levers but replacing the mirrors.
- Replace hand grips (current bike has been retro fitted with heated grips).
- Replace headlight, speedo and tacho with a 'vintage' headlight that has a recessed speedo. All gauge/indicator lighting is also replaced. This requires new headlight brackets.
- Replace front mud guard with a shorter stainless version.
- Replace turn indicators with smaller machined aluminium units.
- Replace all cables and wiring with shorter versions
- Replace exhaust with a stainless race type exhaust
- Remove side covers, airbox and existing air filter and replace with a smaller K&N filter
- Re-jet the carburetor
- Introduce a metal battery mounting bracket
- Replace rear mud guard and brake light with shorter stainless steel unit
- Replace seat with 'ducktail' single
- Replace petrol tank with a raw aluminium tank
- Remove existing foot pegs (including pillion), brake lever and gear lever and replace with rear set units (moving feet up and back about 200mm).
Tuesday, 29 January 2008
The Grand Plan
These are the modifications that are going to be made to the stock Yamaha SR400: