Saturday, 3 September 2016

Time to Go....

It's time to sell the very project which prompted the launch of this very blog (though I have proven to be one of the world's most infrequent bloggers).

For those who are interested these are the parts that have been changed on the bike;

Tank BSA style aluminium (Daytona, Japan)
Seat (Nitro Heads, Japan)
Rear Sets (WM, Japan)
Exhaust TT Style (Custom Made, Australia)
Rear Mudguard Stainless Steel (Daytona, Japan)
Front Mudguard Aluminium (WM, Japan)
Blinkers Machined Aluminium with Square back  (Daytona, Japan)
Front Blinker Bracket (Daytona, Japan)
Clip-on Handle Bars (Posh, Japan)
Handle Bar Stopper (Daytona, Japan)
Headlight Bracket (Daytona, Japan)
Mirrors Round TT Style (Official, Japan)
Grips (Daytona, Japan)
Tachometer (Daytona, Japan)
Speedometer (Daytona, Japan)
Short Throttle Cable (Posh-Faith, Japan)
Short Clutch Cable (Posh-Faith, Japan)
Short Decompression Cable (Daytona, Japan)
Top Bridge Post Cap (Daytona, Japan)
Top Bridge Decompression Kit (Daytona, Japan)
Oil Dipstick with Temperature Gauge (Daytona, Japan)
Anti Vibration Gauge Stay (Daytona, Japan)
Duel Mounting Gauge Stay Kit (Daytona, Japan)
Vent Filter 3/4 Clamp-on  (K&H, USA)
Air Filter (K&H, USA)
Battery Plate (Posh-Faith, Japan)
Carburetor Support Bracket
Exhaust Plate
Tachometer plug (Daytona, Japan)

and, again a reminder of what I started with;


Tuesday, 25 June 2013

A new project arrives.... Volvo a-go-go

I finally have a new project. A proper project. A long term project. A very long term project. It's a 1973 Volvo P1800ES.

Stay tuned!

Sunday, 24 February 2013

If you don't find me here, you might find me on Instagram...

Let's see just how much posting momentum I keep on Instagram.... @thecandyrocket

Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Fuel Tank TV

Fuel Tank TV (Fuel Magazine) and Bandit Films have been working together making great short movies, one of which has featured me.

Saturday, 4 December 2010

Much Much Build

The build diary in pictures:
The once neglected 1979 CB250T

Evaluation of stance: After striping the bike down I experimented with dropping the rear of the bike which gave a natural rotation to the motor and rake to the forks - but not enough! I then cut into the frame to further rake the forks and better centre the mass of the motor between the wheels.

Tank Modifications: the original flip-up tank cover was missing, I detail which I didn't much like anyway. The bayonet opening was cut out and moved to the new infill panel.

Details of some of the fabrication and modification:

Detail of some of the smaller components made: while the gear change and rear brake linkages look simple they took a long time to make, the brake in particular had to be set so that it didn't crash into the swingarm. The turnbuckle on the bottom right is the brace for the carburettors.

All in a days work - actually 55 days work.

Friday, 3 December 2010

Much Much to Post

People have been feverishly posting comments about Much Much Go on various sites, many of whom have missed the point. These two pictures are for them...
photos by craig